Yesterday, Hematology did a follow-up scan on Cecilia's clot. We were all hoping that they would say she would not need the shots anymore, but unfortunately that is not the case. So last night, I gave Cecilia her Lovenox shot for the first time. I felt so evil afterwards. I'm so sorry Cecilia. The hospital Pharmacy gave me a hard time about filling her prescriptions last night since the patients name did not match her name on her insurance card. She is still "Girl, Sarah E Vinje". I don't understand what the big deal was, why they couldn't just take my card...but the NP is going to drop them off to be filled for me today since I dont come in until evenings. Cecilia is on so many medications and they all need to be ready by Monday. Karl was able to arrange to not have to work Saturday or Tuesday. So, on Saturday we will both take our CPR training, and he will be able to help me get into a good routine Tuesday. We will have a nurse come to the house I'm not sure how often, but she will help make sure I am comfortable and that I have everything set up good.
I know a lot of people want to meet Cecilia. I want you to meet her too...But please do not take offense that we need to live in a bubble. She is extremely fragile until the next surgery. Her life depends on her shunt until then. She can not get sick. I am going to have my work cut out for me taking extra precautions to keep my own school kids from getting Cecilia sick. We have to change their clothes immediately, wash hands, sanitize, etc.. So until her next surgery, NO KIDS are welcome around Cecilia, besides her siblings. Further more, only allowing immediate family who have been sick free (and not in close contact with the sick) and flu vaccinated in our home. I'm sure you understand.
I am hoping that she will have at least a month until her next hospital admission. I can't wait to spoil this little baby and show her that life is actually awesome. I am nervous about taking care of her, but I know I can do it!