Thursday, February 28, 2013

Family History

Besides all of the heart attack deaths on my mothers side of the family (her father died when she was young of a heart attack, just to name one person)...I don't know if it was related to undiagnosed congenital heart disease....but I do wonder. 

Congenital Heart Disease in my family:

-Cecilia has: Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
-Rusty (my cousin) has: Transposition of the Great Arteries
-Jenny (my aunt, and also she is Rusty's mom) has: Anomalous Origin of the Right Coronary Artery from the Left Coronary Sinus

Cecilia sees her Cardiologist next week, and as long as all things are stable for her, I hope to pursue arranging to get the rest of my daughters hearts checked out.  Karl's heart is fine... he has had it checked this past summer.  I will eventually get mine looked at, probably later this year.